Well I’ve been back 3 weeks from the tour and have ridden just the once for an hour on my bike…. a rest through choice rather than necessity.
I felt a little weary the first few days after the tour but the body and legs have held up remarkably well …
What have I learnt (about myself ?) ?
- Your mind not your body will dictate whether you continue cycling through the pain
- You can always turn the pedals one more time
- The 10 months preparation before hand was essential to complete this amazing challenge… A huge thank you to everyone who has been a part of this adventure, no matter how small … it is appreciated…. coaches, physios, training partners, cycling holidays and most importantly Mam Dad Angela Charlotte Jess and all other family and friends whom without it would of been a bigger struggle
- A strong will is more important than a strong body
- The greatest sporting achievement I have completed. Will I do anything like this again, I’m sure I will, no immediate plans… though the highs certainly outway the lows so my quest for challenges certainly is there. A huge thank you to TDF staff and support crew who were amazing and did everything with a smile. I’ve also met some amazing people in the group of ‘lifers’ who shared this experience. It’s over now no one can take this away from me and I have some incredible memories and an overwhelming sense of pride to have been a part and to have completed it….Au revoir mon amis